Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Side dishes should never be an afterthought, but with the demands of holiday entertaining it is tempting to devote all your energies to presenting an extraordinary main dish -- accompanied with a side dish out of a can. This holiday season, Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill, which operates casual dining restaurants in the Eastern and Midwestern U.S., is here to help.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 lbs golden delicious apples
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- • Mix both sugars and cinnamon together until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- • Wash, peel, and core apples, then cut into 1/2-inch wedges.
- • Toss apple wedges in sugar and cinnamon mixture and coat apples thoroughly and evenly.
- • Brush the bottom and sides of a medium casserole dish with one tablespoon of the melted butter then place seasoned apples in dish. Drizzle remaining melted butter over the apples.
- • Bake apples approximately 30 minutes or until slightly soft. Serve immediately.
This was great! My son loves Smokey Bones apples and tonight, he loved Mom's. Thank you! I did add a bit of brown sugar.