Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
the smokey flavor comes from the smoked paprika. Just put everything in the food processor and whiz it!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Dump everything in a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving with raw veggies, crackers, pita chips, and other favorite dippers.
All I can say is Mmmmmmm...... will be making this VERY often. Even my 9 year old son LOVED it! I didn't have tahini so used just a little bit of sesame oil.
This is certainly easy to make and has a great flavor. The smoked paprika really adds some zing. I agree with a previous reviewer that the color is a bit drab, but the flavor makes up for that!
This was a definitely interesting and different dip. The color of it was unappealing to my guests I think...it didn't get eaten much and I had a lot left over. I thought it tasted good, but a little seemed to go a long way.