Smokey Black Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Finely chop chile in adobo sauce.
- Heat a large pot coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Saute until onion and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chile, cumin, smoked paprika, basil, oregano, chili powder and bay leaves. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add water, beans, broth, tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves.
- Serve in bowls; top soup with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.