Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Liquid smoke and your favorite BBQ sauce is all it takes. Marination required. Haven't tried this yet but I love the name! Cook time does not include marination time.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, your favorite brand
- Marinate the brisket in the liquid smoke for 24 hours in the refrigerator; turning several times.
- Pour off the unabsorbed marinade. Place meat in a roasting pan and cover meat with the bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 2 1/2 hours or move until tender.
- Remove meat and slice diagonally against the grain in thin slices. Put back the meat back in the sauce and reheat when ready to use.
Very good flavor and tender. I would highly recommend using aluminum foil to line your baking dish. I ended up cooking an extra 2 hours, per your instructions to cook until tender. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Oolala.
DELICIOUS!! This reminded me of the BBQ we used to get when we lived in Texas for a few years. This goes together very quickly and easily, and the longer baking time frees you up to work on the rest of the meal. My store didn't have brisket, so I used a tri-tip (very similar to brisket). To make clean-up easier, I lined the pan with foil so all I had to do was wad it up and throw it away!! My family of 4 managed to completely finish a 3-1/2 lb. cut of meat in one sitting. They gave this recipe two huge thumbs-up and proclaimed it a keeper!! Thank you for sharing this quick and easy, yummy recipe.