Love this hearty pasta dish! It makes a lot and leftovers are yummy too. This is another of those "old newspaper clipping" recipes I've been posting.
- Chop the green pepper. Dice the bacon. Shred the provolone and cheddar cheese and combine. Drain the mushrooms.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain. Add chopped green pepper and diced bacon and simmer until bacon is cooked and peppers are tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, mushrooms, salt, and garlic powder. Simmer 1 hour over low heat.
- While sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain well.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce and mix well. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put half of the sauce mixture in the bakiing pan and cover with half of the cheese. Add remaining sauce mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.