Recipe by annconnolly
Slow and low are the secrets of good ribs. Be patient and keep the heat low and your ribs will be delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 pork spare rib racks
- 1 -2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Combine dry ingredients and rub over ribs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 2 hours.
- Prepare mesquite chips in grill (keep the fire low). On a large grill keep the coals on one side and use the other for cooking.
- When the coals are ready grill the ribs for at least 1/2 hour with the top on the grill. Keep the fire steady and the vents closed to smoke the ribs.
- When the ribs are nicely browned, remove the top and allow the fire to get a little hotter.
- Brush ribs with BBQ sauce and allow to cook slightly.