1/2 Photos of Smokehouse Macaroni and Cheese
Deliciously creamy comfort food with a twist, this is the best Macaroni and Cheese I've ever tasted, and my family demands it frequently! Recipe can be halved, and should be, if you value your arteries! :) For a very easy way to incorporate some vegetables, steam some broccoli over your pasta-cooking water, and stir it into the casserole or serve alongside - but it's more likely to get eaten if it's already IN the casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box large elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- liquid smoke, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth; take off heat.
- 5Little by little, stir in milk until smooth. Stir constantly for 10 minutes on heat until thick; take off heat.
- 6Stir in 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, Velveeta cheese, Smoked Gouda, and Mozzarella cheese until melted. Add Liquid Smoke if using.
- 7Put cooked macaroni in a greased casserole dish, pour cheese mixture over and mix well. Sprinkle paprika and leftover Cheddar cheese on top.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokehouse Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 778.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g