Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup cheese sauce mix (Kraft Macaroni and cheese packet)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and saute garlic let this marinate over night at room temp.
- Melt down butter again and brush butter over loaves.
- Mix powder packet and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle on bread.
- Bake 350* for about 5 minutes.
- then place under broiler for about 30 seconds.
- Slice and serve warm.
I find mixing the parmesan cheese with the cheese sauce mix does not work if you are using "real" parmesan cheese from the deli. It merely makes the cheese mixture lump. I put the parmesan on first, then the cheese sauce mix and it works like a charm.