Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is very simple to throw together, but has BIG flavor impact. Great for your next bbq and don't forget...chill your plates.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped roughly
- 1 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 lb Canadian bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces (see note below)
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the chopped lettuce into a large salad bowl. Chop or slice the apple and toss it in with the lettuce along with the Canadian bacon and the dressing. Divide the salad between four serving bowls and top with the croutons, almonds and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
- Note: You can substitute a 1/2 pound of cooked and crumbled bacon for the Canadian bacon for an even smokier flavor.