Recipe by JoyfulCook
This is a recipe of John Doh's its teriffic ! I can vouch for that - its quick and easy with a great bacony flavour! and the kids love it. He swears I am better at typing than him - so here it is - on his behalf!
Top Review by threeovens
These were very delicious even though I made them on the regular stove-top. I just used regular kidney beans since DH mostly only eats the soup from beans, but he wants beans all the time. Love to have a way to change-up the beans for myself.
- 1 ounce butter
- 4 ounces bacon pieces
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 lb baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chutney, sweet fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frypan, and lightly fry bacon, onion and garlic. Blend in flour, salt, paprika and cayenne. Continue stirring as soya, beans and chutney are added. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Do this on your grill, over coals
- You could sub out the beans with 310 gram tin of red kidney beans plus 0.5 c condensed tomato soup, if thats what blows your hair back.