Thought this sounded interesting. This recipe uses an electric smoker but think it can very easily be adapted to a manual or other smoker, allowing for extra smoking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large non-metallic container combine sugar and salt with enough water to cover bird.
- 2Add bird and let bird set in brine for 24 hours.
- 4Let bird air dry on paper towels for 1 hour while preparing smoker.
- 5Smoke in electric smoker (according to manufacturer's directions) for 6 hours using 3 pans of sawdust (or per smoker's directions).
- 6***If air is cool it may take longer for bird to be cooked through***.
- 7Test for doneness by moving bird's leg--the bird's legs will move freely when done.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Wild Pheasant
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 28373.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 45.4 g