Recipe by ellie_
Thought this sounded interesting. This recipe uses an electric smoker but think it can very easily be adapted to a manual or other smoker, allowing for extra smoking time.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-metallic container combine sugar and salt with enough water to cover bird.
- Add bird and let bird set in brine for 24 hours.
- Let bird air dry on paper towels for 1 hour while preparing smoker.
- Smoke in electric smoker (according to manufacturer's directions) for 6 hours using 3 pans of sawdust (or per smoker's directions).
- ***If air is cool it may take longer for bird to be cooked through***.
- Test for doneness by moving bird's leg--the bird's legs will move freely when done.