Having grilled vegetables before I thought smoking them might be good as well. This is a base recipe and any combination of vegetables can be used.
- 2 zucchini, sliced in 3/4-inch-thick disks
- 2 yellow squash, sliced in 3/4-inch-thick disks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Vinaigrette: In a bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and whisk until all is well blended.
- Vegetables: Place all the vegetables in a 8-by-12-inch casserole dish.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss, making sure the vegetables are well coated.
- Put the dish of vegetables in a 225°F smoker for about 4 hours.
- These can also be baked in a 350°F preheated oven for about 45 minutes.