Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
Having grilled vegetables before I thought smoking them might be good as well. This is a base recipe and any combination of vegetables can be used.
Top Review by teresas
What a yummy veggie dish...I wasn't sure how the family was going to react so only made half a recipe...well I should have made more...I used a dark balsamic vinegar...that may be why my veggies were on the dark side...I cooked it in the oven and omitted the potatoes...made for Papa D's Cook-a-thon...you will be missed...RIP
- 2 zucchini, sliced in 3/4-inch-thick disks
- 2 yellow squash, sliced in 3/4-inch-thick disks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Vinaigrette: In a bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and whisk until all is well blended.
- Vegetables: Place all the vegetables in a 8-by-12-inch casserole dish.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss, making sure the vegetables are well coated.
- Put the dish of vegetables in a 225°F smoker for about 4 hours.
- These can also be baked in a 350°F preheated oven for about 45 minutes.