Recipe by LMillerRN
Great for lunch or dinner.
Top Review by vromano3
This was an enjoyable dinner on the run for my husband. When he saw them sitting in the refrigerator in parchment paper and enjoyed one, he just assumed they were bought at a restaraunt. I used spinach tortillas and prepared half of them with the left over flank steak from the night before. It was a nice variety and I will be fixing them again.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened*
- 8 (10 inch) whole grain pita or 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula or 4 cups gourmet mixed baby greens
- 2 large sweet onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread softened cheese evenly over whole grain pita wraps; top cheese evenly with Caramelized Onions and remaining ingredients. Roll up, and wrap in parchment paper; chill. Cut in half to serve.
- Caramelized Onions:.
- Cook diced onion and sugar in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 20 minutes or until onion is caramel colored. Stir in balsamic vinegar.