Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 8 ounces walnut halves or 8 ounces walnut pieces
- 2 heads endive, chopped
- 1 cup packed watercress leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick-cut smoked turkey (from the deli, cut into 1/2-inch thick cubes)
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°; combine honey, salt, cayenne, and sugar in bowl; coat nuts in mixture and spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Roast nuts 3-4 minutes; remove and let cool.
- Place endive, watercress, turkey, apple, and grapes in a large bowl; squeeze a little lemon juice over the bowl and toss.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream to soft peaks; fold in mayonnaise; add mixture to salad; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper; distribute among 4 plates and top with cooled caramelized nuts.