Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Make as is or you can add cooked bacon slices.
- 8 slices crusty country bread (like ciabatta)
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 4 ounces gouda cheese (shredded or very thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 12 thin slices tomatoes or 16 thin slices roma tomatoes
- 2 ounces red onions, very thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Lightly brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil. Lay 4 slices of bread on the work surface oiled side down. Spread lightly with mustard.
- Build the sandwiches by placing cheese, smoked turkey and tomato, using equal amounts of each item on each sandwich. Top with the remaining sliced bread, oiled side up.
- Lay two sandwiches on the grill plate. Close the grill cover or place on top the grill cover and apply light pressure to handle for about 30 seconds.
- Grill the panini for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes. Remove to a rack and keep warm (an oven preheated to 175°F). Grill remaining 2 sandwiches in the same way. Cut in half on the diagonal to serve.