Recipe by Amber of AZ
I found this recipe in the Febuary/March 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I was very pleased with the results when I made it. The leftovers are even better. This comes out to 5 points for a 1 1/4 serving. Enjoy!
Top Review by imatrad
I just made this today, and it was very quick to come together, and so full of flavor! Like several other reviewers, I made just a few changes, but kept the integrity of the base recipe intact. I used a 13 oz. box of Dreamfield's low carb pasta (because two of the people I made it for are diabetic. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it; it tastes exactly like regular pasta, but doesn't raise blood sugar) and substituted some julienned sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil) instead of the plum tomatoes. I added a couple pinches of crushed red peppers too. And topped it off with some shredded Parmesan cheese. The dish was colorful with the fresh spinach against the red of the tomato and sausage, and the browned mushrooms. I did increase the garlic to 3 cloves from 2. And deleted the basil. This recipe is definitely a keeper, and I'll be making it again, for sure! Thanks Amber!!!
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 lb reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta.
- On another burner, in a large non-stick skillet saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic, and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain pasta and add to the sausage mixture.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Toss gently and heat through.