A gourmet-ish grilled sandwich. From Weber Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lbs onions, each halved vertically and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Separate the onion slices and add them to the skillet. Cook the onions until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the onions are very tender and caramelized, about 15 minutes more, stirring often. Season with the salt and about 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Remove from the heat to cool.
- 2Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- 3In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, basil and the remaining pinch pepper.
- 4Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Turn all the bread slices over and spread with the mayonnaise mixture, dividing equally. Top eight of the bread slices with equal amounts of turkey, onions and cheese. Cover with the remaining eight bread slices, mayonnaise mixture side down.
- 5Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the sandwiches over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Turkey Sandwiches With Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1343.5
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 3710.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 62.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: