Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I loved smoked turkey with cranberry, and this is delicious with the addition of jarlsberg cheese!
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries (may use frozen, but thaw and drain them)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 lb smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces jarlsberg cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- cherry tomatoes (optional garnish)
- Puree the cranberries with the butter, honey, and dijon mustard in a food processor or a blender by whirling at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Stack the turkey, cheese, and lettuce on half of the bread slices, dividing the total amount evenly. Cover with the remaining bread slices.
- Halve diagonally, then garnish, if desired, with the cherry tomatoes.
Yummy! We really enjoyed the tart/ sweet cranberry spread on this sandwich. There is just something about the combination of cranberries and turkey. They compliment each other so well. I did add some extra honey and Dijon mustard to the cranberry spread, just a personal preference. I served this on Marble Rye Bread #475856 and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing. **Made for 2013 Football Pool**
Even though I had dried cranberries and had to improvise, the sauce really makes this sandwich! I mixed the butter and dijon, then sprinkled with the dried cranberries on the bottom bun (of a braided loaf). I used iceberg lettuce because we love it with turkey sandwiches. So, although a few changes (bread and lettuce), it's a terrific spread and sandwich and we can't wait to add some bacon next time!
Good Sandwich. Made as directed. Made for Football Pool Week 10 2013