Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very nice salad, especially in the summer. Smoked chicken could be substituted for the turkey.
- 8 large red potatoes, cut in eights
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 4 ears corn, shucked,kernels removed with a sharp paring knife
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and corn and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Place the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Add the red onion slices and turkey; toss to combine.
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Whisk until the salt dissolves.
- Add the mustard and basil, whisk well.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.