Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Haven't tried yet, posting for safe keeping. Sounds good to me though!
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese or 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained 4 oz
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ripe sliced ripe olives, if desired (optional)
- Mash avocado in medium bowl. Add cream cheese, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper; blend well. Stir in tomatoes and chiles.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese on 4 of the tortillas. Top each with a turkey slice. Spread avocado mixture over turkey. Top with remaining turkey slices. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 1 quesadilla; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas. Garnish with remaining Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. Top each quesadilla with olive slices.