- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs smoked turkey, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 12 slices white bread or 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 4 ingredients; toss to combine and let set for 30 minutes.
- Lay turkey and cheese slices on 6 bread slices.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle with minced sage and top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.