Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like the tart flavor of the blackberries and balsamic vinegar in this sandwich.
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs smoked turkey, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 12 slices white bread or 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 4 ingredients; toss to combine and let set for 30 minutes.
- Lay turkey and cheese slices on 6 bread slices.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle with minced sage and top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
Pretty good sandwich!!!
What an awesome sandwich. Loved it just as written but Dh wants to try the cheese melted on the turkey next time. I wouldn't skip a single ingredient.