Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
from the Brown's Chapel Baptist Church cookbook
Make and share this Smoked Turkey in a Bag recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 10 -12 lbs whole turkey
- mix oil,salt, pepper, garlic powder, and liquid smoke to make paste. rub turkey with the paste. spray inside of paper bag with nonstick cooking spray. Place turkey in bag and tie with string. cook at 350 degrees for 3 1/2 hours. leave in bag for 1 hour after removing from oven.