Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe to use some leftover smoked turkey without turning it into Tetrazini or using a cream sauce. I used whatever I had on hand at the time. All measurements of ingredients are approximations.
- 1 cup dry rotini pasta
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups leftover turkey (preferably smoked)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed & finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, sliced and cut in half
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon bell's seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pinch hot red pepper
- salt & pepper
- more olive oil, use a high quality extra virgin
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, do not rinse set aside.
- Saute garlic, onions, green onions and celery in olive oil until limp but not browned about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add frozen peas, seasoning, parsley, red pepper, salt & pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add turkey and pasta, cook until heated through. Adjust seasoning.
- Drizzle high quality olive oil over dish to taste before serving. (Or leave it out if you do not want the extra fat/calories).