Chef #455870's Note:
I came up with this recipe to use some leftover smoked turkey without turning it into Tetrazini or using a cream sauce. I used whatever I had on hand at the time. All measurements of ingredients are approximations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry rotini pasta
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups leftover turkey (preferably smoked)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed & finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, sliced and cut in half
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2-1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon bell's seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pinch hot red pepper
- salt & pepper
- more olive oil, use a high quality extra virgin
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, do not rinse set aside.
- 2Saute garlic, onions, green onions and celery in olive oil until limp but not browned about 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms, cook until liquid has evaporated.
- 4Add wine to deglaze the pan.
- 5Add frozen peas, seasoning, parsley, red pepper, salt & pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 6Add turkey and pasta, cook until heated through. Adjust seasoning.
- 7Drizzle high quality olive oil over dish to taste before serving. (Or leave it out if you do not want the extra fat/calories).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Turkey Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: