Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Washington Apple Commission.
Make and share this Smoked Turkey, Apple, and Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 (5 ounce) bagspring mix mesclun
- 3 large apples, cored and diced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 lb smoked turkey breast, sliced into strips
- 1⁄3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- To prepare vinaigrette, drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
- Add chicken broth and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper); process until well blended. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, combine romaine and mesclun mix on a serving platter. In a large separate bowl, combine apples, fennel, and grapes.
- Pour about + of the vinaigrette over the apple mixture and toss gently to coat. Spoon the apple mixture over lettuce.
- Arrange the smoked turkey over the salad and sprinkle with the pecans and goat cheese if desired.
- Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the salad. Serve immediately.