Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Something Different Country Store and Deli, Urbanna, Virginia. A real Virginia country-cured ham such as Smithfields is best in this recipe.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Nice sandwich spread. I didn't add the seasoning salt, as the meat was already well salted. It was quite the amount, so used the leftover as a spread for a snack on crackers. Worked very well. :)
- 3 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked country-cured ham
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- seasoning salt, to taste (use with caution)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 hoagie rolls, toasted if desired
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; taste salad.
- Carefully season to taste (if needed) with salt and pepper--country ham is plenty salty so you may not need any salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Spread about 1 cup salad on bottom half of toasted rolls; top with a few crisp lettuce leaves, cover with roll tops and serve.