Recipe by mama smurf
Found this recipe in "365 Great 20-Minute Recipes" and make it when I have left over roasted turkey. Instead of using smoked turkey I usually just use regular turkey and make Thousand Island Dressing by Graybert which is delicious. I have used English muffins instead of cracked wheat bread.
- 6 slices cracked-wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups jalapeno jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread on a baking sheet and toast lightly on one side, about 1 minute.
- Spread dressing over toasted sides of bread. Layer with tomatoes and smoked turkey. Arrange avocado slices in a spoke pattern over turkey. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Broil about 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.