Recipe by Peter J
I got this recipe of the website of Wellwood Australia who make walnut oil. I haven't tried it yet because I'd planned to have on Good Friday but forgot to buy any walnuts.
- 1200 g smoked trout, skin removed (6 small trout)
- 500 ml walnut oil
- 125 g walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 90 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 60 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except trout and walnut oil into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add walnut gradually (very small amount at a time) until it is incorporated into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over top of the trout, if you serve over a garden salad the sauce is nice over the top of that as well.