Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An elegent blend of oils, herbs and horseradish make this sauce a nice companion with Smoked Trout.
Make and share this Smoked Trout With Gribiche Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 smoked trout fillets
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 large egg yolk
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges (to garnish)
- In a bowl combine the oils.
- In another bowl combine the mustard, shallots, onions, egg yolk, chopped egg, salt and pepper, and vinegar.
- Blend with a wire whip while slowly adding th oils to emulsify.
- Add the horseradish, tarragon and parsley and blend with a wire whip.
- Serve the sauce around Trout fillets, and garnish with lemon wedge.