Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple, yet delicious appetizer recipe. I love these flavor combinations. From Eating Well.
Make and share this Smoked Trout With Crackers and a Lemon Dill Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked trout
- 20 thin whole grain crackers
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide trout among crackers; top with a spoonful of the lemon-dill mayonnaise.
Made for the Culinary Quest 2014 using trout caught by my DH & taken to his smokehouse of choice, this was easy-to-fix & sure-to-please at our house. Like other reviewers, I used full-fat mayo & saw the sauce as the star of the recipe. I think a lime version of the mayo sauce would be esp good w/salmon. I did serve it the preferred Icelandic way - Atop lightly buttered toast w/scattered capers. Yum! Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.
This recipe is really all about the mayo. I got some nice smoked trout, which I always enjoy, but this mayonnaise really took it over the top. It is bright and super tasty. I can think of other uses for it, as well, and tried it with some wood-smoked salmon, which was also nice. Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Really delicious! I loved the zingy flavour of the lemon zest, juice and the addition of the dill in the mayo. I made it easy on all of us (movie night here!) and just shredded the trout and added it directly to the mayo mixture before topping crackers. They were gone in a matter of minutes!