Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in the RSVP section of Bon Apetit/May 2009 from Mayfel's in Ashville, North Carolina. This is posted for safe keeping.....This is on the top of our TO TRY VERY SOON list!
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese i med bowl until smooth.
- Beat in green onions, 14/ cup sour cream, dill, hot sauce and Cajun seasoning.
- Add trout and beat on low speed until smooth, thinning with additional sour cream by tabls if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and chill.
- Top with red onion and capers.
- Serve chilled or at room temp with crackers.
I am so excited to find your recipe! Last week my husband and I along with my son spend a week fishing at Mammoth. Ca. and believe me, the fish were biting. We smokekd them right on the spot and I have at least five pounds in the freezer. This recipe sounds absolutely mouth watering and I can't wait to try it. I already know it's a winner. Thanks for sharing.