Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very delicious festive appetizer. Quite easy to whip up on short notice.
- 8 ounces cream cheese spread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces smoked trout fillets
- 2 green onions
- 1 whole roasted red pepper (store bought or homemade.)
- Mix cream cheese and tobasco in a bowl with wooden spoon.
- Coarsely flake trout on top using your hands.
- Gently work into cheese until evenly distributed, keep mixture as chunky as possible.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Finely dice red pepper.
- Gently mix 1/2 onion and all of red pepper into trout mixture.
- Put into serving bowl and garnish with remaining onion.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
The ingredients in this was great!I am sure smoked trout would be good but I had some smoked salmon that I got last year from Alaska and that my DH had smoked for us and I also added some Accent and black pepper along with some regular chopped up red pepper and some red onion. We made this for our seafood cookout at the lake this weekend. Everyone enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)