I've made this a couple of times recently to take to tapas style parties-served in small bowls, it's yummy (I think!) I think it serves round 12 like this. I use low fat products, but that's up to you.
- 1 kg potato, peeled and diced into 1 . 5cm cubes
- 4 green onions, sliced fine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons dill (or to taste)
- 1 smoked trout, skinned, deboned and flesh flaked
- Bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer around ten minutes or until just tender. Cool (I plunge the potatoes into cold water to do this).
- Mix together the next 8 ingredients and fold through the potatoes gently.
- Add the flaked trout and fold through gently.
- At this stage, I like to pop this in the frige for a few hours as I reckon the flavour improves with sitting.