Recipe by JustJanS
My latest favourite potato salad. It's really nice served warm too-that seems to bring the flavour of the smoked trout out more than chilling it does. It's worth taking extra care to remove all the tiny bones from the trout.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Made it as written, used small new potatoes. The flavor combination is excellent, I did use more horseradish because we like the sharpness of that and it did not overpower the trout flavor.
- 350 g smoked trout fillets, skinned,boned and flaked
- 450 g new potatoes, washed (I like to scrub them with a new scouring pad)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 pinch salt