Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
My latest favourite potato salad. It's really nice served warm too-that seems to bring the flavour of the smoked trout out more than chilling it does. It's worth taking extra care to remove all the tiny bones from the trout.
- 350 g smoked trout fillets, skinned,boned and flaked
- 450 g new potatoes, washed (I like to scrub them with a new scouring pad)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine the ingredients for the mustard mayonnaise and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender, cool and cut in half.
- Mix together with remaining ingredients including the mustard mayonnaise, and serve.
Made it as written, used small new potatoes. The flavor combination is excellent, I did use more horseradish because we like the sharpness of that and it did not overpower the trout flavor.
Delicious! I didn't have any horseradish, so I used dijon mustard to taste. I'm looking forward to trying it with horseradish soon! I had a lot of extra dressing left-over and will reduce the quantity next time (I like my salads lightly-dressed).
I also changed the mayo to creme fraiche and left out the oil. Absolutely divine! I also LOVE it with fresh dill instead of parsley.