Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Al dente Penne pasta tossed through lightly cooked smoked trout with a sun-dried tomato & sour cream sauce
- Slice Trout into small pieces(set aside in small bowl), roughly chop Sundried tomatoes(set aside), slice spring onion and finely chop garlic. roughly chop parsley and leave until the end.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water, cook al dente.
- In a deep pan; add olive oil and a slither of "low salt" butter. Add garlic and spring onion and fry for about 3 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add wine, whiskey and fish sauce. Cook until liquid starts to slightly thicken. Add Trout and toss for about 2 minutes, season with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper. Add sundried tomatoes, combine and heat through(approx 1 minute).
- In a bowl add the sour cream, a pinch of salt and cracked pepper and 3 tbsp of the boiling pasta water and mix to a smooth texture. Add to the pan. Taste and season accordingly.
- When pasta is cooked; drain and add to the pan. Combine over low heat.
- Finally add chopped parsley, taste and season again if necessary.
- Serve. Enjoy.