Recipe by JustJanS
This is one of Russell's favourite dips he makes when we are having a get together with friends. It's really simple to make.
Top Review by yooper
This is a wonderful recipe! Living near Lake Superior, smoked trout and whitefish are very common in the supermakets. The horseradish added a bit of a bite, but was not overpowering! Very creamy texture! I served this with chopped veggies and sliced French bread! Thanks Jan...Russell did good!
- 1 (250 g) containerspreadable cream cheese
- 1 whole smoked trout, skinned and deboned (or you could use packaged fillets I guess)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill or 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve about 1/4 of the fish meat and flake it roughly.
- Place the remaining ingredients except the herbs in a food processor and work until smooth.
- Check for seasonings and maybe add a little more lemon juice.
- Add the herbs and pulse briefly.
- Scrape into a bowl, fold through the reserved fish and refrigerate covered until required.
- Spoon into serving dishes and serve with turkish bread, crackers and/or fresh veggie sticks.