Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sophisticated spread for crackers or canapes. A great addition to a Smorgesbrod setting!
Make and share this Smoked Trout Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb smoked trout, skinned and boned
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup loosely-packed fresh dill
- 8 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine everything but whipping cream in processor and chop finely using 5-6 on/off turns of blades.
- With machine running, slowly pour cream through feed tube and blend well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Chill overnight.
So easy to make, and so delicious. We had this on gluten free Swedish crisp bread and enjoyed every bite of it. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Scandinavia for The Apron String Travelers
Finger-licking goodness! We have the most amazing smoked trout here in Costa Rica and this was the perfect showcase for it. Made the recipe exactly as written except I added a small dollop of natilla, a Costa Rican crème-fraiche that is rich and velvety. This was perfect for the Scandinavian brunch we shared with neighbors. Thanks for posting, teammate! Made for team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9
I made this as part of a Scandinavian buffet meal and it was very well received. I added a tbsp of sour cream. Delicious! I will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.