Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
They make the most amazing smoked trout here in Costa Rica and I've been looking for ways to use it other than as an appetizer. This is my take on a smoked salmon pasta dish I had once-upon-a-time! Note: this would probably be better with lemon, but they're almost impossible to find here. Let me know if it's an improvement!
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (use a good quality olive oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or less, according to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 12 ounces smoked trout, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, chile flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook pasta till al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, blanch asparagus till crisp tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add the juice mixture, asparagus, trout, parsley and green onion to the drained pasta. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in pasta bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.