Recipe by Soobeeoz
I found this recipe on the net and have made it twice now. It's super quick and easy to make and has a nice, delicate flavour. For two people I used the listed quantity of sauce, 275g of pasta, bottled Barilla pesto and a 100g packet of sliced smoked ocean trout. I imagine an even better result would be achieved using home-made pesto and smoked trout fillets, and plan to try it with these next time along with a little fresh basil for added colour and maybe a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts. I personally prefer a little less lemon, so this time cut it back to just over a half and my SO squeezed the remainder over his meal. Parmesan is optional, but recommended. The ten minutes preparation time includes boiling the water. Recipe from the Scotsman, courtesy of Shapes Restaurant in Edinburgh.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 small smoked trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the linguine in a pan of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, flake the smoked trout fillets.
- Drain the linguine and fold the trout through the pasta along with two tablespoons of the pesto, two tablespoons of the crème fraiche and the lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle a grating of fresh Parmesan cheese over the top.