Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This reminds me of the tuna dips served in Florida restaurants. The trout with the dill is wonderful and nothing makes a seafood spread better than horseradish. Easy food processor spread!
- 8 ounces smoked trout
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley
- 5 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Remove and discard skin and bones from trout, if necessary. Flake trout into small pieces.
- Pulse cream cheese and and next 8 ingredients in a food processor 7-8 times or until combined. Stir in flaked trout pieces. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving with celery sticks or flatbread crackers.