2 hrs 10 mins
Adapted from The New Irish Table. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 smoked trout, skinned, boned and crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- white pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in wedges, to garnish
- 1Line two 2 1/2 cup molds with plastic wrap.
- 2Place trout, onion, mayonnaise, dill, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and white pepper in a food processor.
- 3Process until well-blended, 20-30 seconds.
- 4Stir in chopped eggs.
- 5Spoon into prepared molds, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 6To serve, unmold and garnish with egg wedges.
- 7Serve with brown bread, crackers, or toast rounds.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Trout and Dill Spread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.4 mg
- Sodium 210.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: