Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from The New Irish Table. Cook time is chill time.
Make and share this Smoked Trout and Dill Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 smoked trout, skinned, boned and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- white pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in wedges, to garnish
- Line two 2 1/2 cup molds with plastic wrap.
- Place trout, onion, mayonnaise, dill, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and white pepper in a food processor.
- Process until well-blended, 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in chopped eggs.
- Spoon into prepared molds, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unmold and garnish with egg wedges.
- Serve with brown bread, crackers, or toast rounds.