Recipe by **Jubes**
A very easy pate to make, Can be served as one large pate or in individual ramekins. Fantastic with melba toasts or crackers. Great served in individual tart shells. topped with a sprig of dill as garnish.
- 1 kg smoked trout (2 lb)
- 300 g butter, softened (may vary dependng on the weight of the fish flesh)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce or 3 drops chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the fish flesh from the skin and bones.
- Weigh the flesh and allow for 1/2 the amount of butter.( I cut back about 1/3 on the butter).
- Mash the trout flesh and beat in all remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a large serving dish or individual ramekins.
- Fantastic spread into small tart cases.