Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be served a lovely entree/first course or even as one big salad. If you like you substitute the smoked trout with smoked salmon, but personally I think the trout is just that bit more special.
- 500 g asparagus
- 2 smoked trout fillets
- 100 g rocket
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Remove the woody ends from the asparagus and cook spears in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Refresh under cold running water and then cut the asparagus into 3cm pieces on an angle.
- Break trout fillets into chunks, removing any bones. Place in a bowl, with asparagus, rocket, tomatoes, avocado, parsley and cucumber.
- For the dressing mix together the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and whisk well.
- Toss the salad together with the dressing and serve.