Recipe by Mercy
The cooking time is actually the marinating time.
Top Review by Ms B.
Wonderful flavor combination! I did cut the mayo back to only about 1/2 cup, as I really don't care for heavily mayo-ed salad dressings. The smoky tomato flavor came through beautifully. I didn't remove the skins from the tomatoes, either, but did seed them. This is a great dressing that adds an extra veggie boost to salads. Thanks for posting.
- 1 large fresh tomato, peeled
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon capers, finely chopped and drained
- 1 2⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomato in half horizontally.
- Squeeze out all juice and seeds into the sink or dustbin.
- Chop tomato flesh into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, Liquid Smoke, sugar, salt and garlic.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Marinate 45 minutes.
- After marinating, place tomato mixture into container of blender and blend 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add capers, mayonnaise and parsley.
- Blend an additional 3 to 5 minutes.