Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The cooking time is actually the marinating time.
Make and share this Smoked Tomato Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- Cut tomato in half horizontally.
- Squeeze out all juice and seeds into the sink or dustbin.
- Chop tomato flesh into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, Liquid Smoke, sugar, salt and garlic.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Marinate 45 minutes.
- After marinating, place tomato mixture into container of blender and blend 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add capers, mayonnaise and parsley.
- Blend an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Wonderful flavor combination! I did cut the mayo back to only about 1/2 cup, as I really don't care for heavily mayo-ed salad dressings. The smoky tomato flavor came through beautifully. I didn't remove the skins from the tomatoes, either, but did seed them. This is a great dressing that adds an extra veggie boost to salads. Thanks for posting.