Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a veganized version of the Danish "Sommersalat" (summer salad) - traditionally made with "rygeost" (a sort of smoked soft cheese made with curdled milk) In Denmark it's served on rye bread for lunch. *Note* - this recipe doesn't really taste like the original, but it's great anyway - and a lot healthier!
- 8 ounces smoked tofu, undrained and mashed (try SoyBoy)
- 1⁄3 cup soft silken tofu, undrained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 ounces radishes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- more salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mash silken tofu with lemon juice, vinegar, salt and white pepper. Mix well.
- Add mashed smoked tofu.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste, add more salt/pepper etc. if you like. (If you like it more smoky; try adding a few drops of liquid smoke).
- Cover and refrigerate; allow flavors to blend at least 1 hour.
- Serve (rye bread recommended :)).