Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I saw this recipe on 30 Minute Meals made with smoked turkey. I thought it would be great with smoked tofu and I was right. It's very easy and has been a hit every time I've made it, even with meat-eaters! This recipe is meant for a toaster oven, although I am sure a conventional oven would work.
- 4 ounces smoked tofu, cut into approximately 1-inch pieces and thinly sliced (savory baked tofu works well, too, if you can't find smoked)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded (the recipe calls for it raw, but I like to use a little extra and saute it for a couple of minutes f)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Preheat toaster oven to 400 degrees F or high.
- Place tofu in a bowl and season with chili powder.
- Add cabbage, chipotles in adobo, scallions, and tomato sauce. Toss filling to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave wrapped in a towel.
- To build, place about 1/4 of the cheese near one edge of a tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the filling. Tuck sides up and roll up the tortilla. Place in toaster oven baking tray, seam side on the side pointing up to minimize spillage. Repeat with the other three tortillas and remaining filling.
- Brush the wraps with oil, being careful to get in between the wraps and between wraps and tray.
- Bake until golden, 15-17 minutes.
- Top with optional ingredients if desired.
Delicious. Now, to be honest I did make a lot of changes but I don't think that it changed the integrety of the recipe. Instead of using tofu, I used the vegetarian chicken sub quorn. I used whole wheat tortillas and just a small amount of soy cheese- just enough to give it some melty goodness. I also gave it a slight spray with oil and used the oven instead of the toaster oven. I know- it is a lot of changes but really, it is still close to your recipe. We loved it and it is so fast and easy to make that I'm sure it will be on the menu often. Thanks for posting, will try it with tofu next time!