Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My sis and me threw this together one night for dinner and loved it. It has a slight asian twist to it and is a snap to make, too. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the asparagus pieces and sautee for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add tofu cubes and spices and sautee over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, turn off heat and allow to cook for another few minutes. Then add the oil and serve.
- Note: My asian wok spice has paprika, coriander, onion, ginger, chile, garlic, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, fennel seeds, cumin, sesame seeds, cardamom, mustard seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon.
I just loved this! However, I had just returned from the market with some super fresh asparagus when I realized there was no smoked tofu in my fridge. How did that happen? I always have smoked tofu! But I really wanted asparagus, so I subbed a big portobello mushroom for the tofu. And it turned out great! My spices were, I'm sure, slightly different. But that's the beauty of this recipe, use whatever spice combo you like, so you're sure to like the final result. Don't skip the vinegar though, I really like the extra zip it added. And wow, what a low fat/calorie lunch I had without even knowing it because it tasted so rich and savory. I'll be making this often!
Interesting change for dinner. I couldn't find smoked tofu but used smoked tofurky and regular tofu. I also didn't have any wok seasoning but added 1/8 tsp ginger and some liquid smoke. All in all this was okay and very low cal/low fat.